We love this delicious bariatric friendly ceviche recipe because it favors your bariatric budget and your waistline! High in protein, the fresh lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño, tomato and avocado give this ceviche a Latin flare – so good!
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 to 1 1/2 limes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 (7 oz) can chunk white albacore tuna packed in water, (5.1 oz drained)
- 1 medium seeded plum tomato, finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, minced (keep seeds for spicy) or you can use pickled
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 oz sliced avocado (1/2 medium haas)
- In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, pinch of kosher salt, juice of 1 lime and olive oil.
- Mix in the chopped cilantro, jalapeño, drained tuna, tomato, and Tabasco, if using. Taste for salt and lime juice, adjust as needed (I used 1 1/2 limes).
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 20 minutes to let the flavors blend. To serve, top with fresh sliced avocado and serve.
Servings: 2 • Size: 3/4 cup tuna, 1/4 avocado • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 153 • Fat: 8 g • Carb: 9 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 15 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 187 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 26 mg
Tips: For presentation, you may put the ceviche tuna into the can to use as a ring mold, then invert it onto a plate; Top with fresh avocado!