This super low calorie and bariatric friendly recipe looks simple and it is a favorite in the house! It is so easy and so yummy you will not believe your eating your vegetables! Your friends and family will love this and especially for the cold weather!
- 1/2 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 medium zucchini, skin on cut in large chunks
- 32 oz fat free chicken stock
- 2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic and zucchini in a medium pot and cook on medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Purée: Add the sour cream. Using an immersion blender, purée untill smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve hot.
- Optional: Top with 2 tsp parmesan cheese – 1 point extra
- Servings: 4, Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 65.3
- Protein: 3.5 grams
- Carb: 11 grams
- Fat: 1.0grams