As a weight loss surgery patient you are devoted to a healthy new lifestyle…what a drag if your family is not on board!
Try these healthy tips for success:
1. Put fruit on the counter visible to the eye. Automatic fast snacks!
2. Put veggie snacks like carrot sticks and fruit snacks into school or work lunches, tote bags carried on the weekend and make sure every meal has some form of vegetable. Who doesn’t want an apple or an orange when hunger strikes?!
3. Take your family to the local farmers market on the weekend and fill a basket with healthy new food choices. Walk, be outside and have fun getting healthy!
4. Recruit your family’s involvement in the food preparation. Those that cook together, get more excited about the healthy choices!
5. Dine at a table at least 3 times per week with your family. This demonstrates healthy habits to last a lifetime. But be sure to turn off the TV!