We love this low carb tasty breakfast because it is nutritious and delicious and you will never miss the bread! This breakfast keeps you satisfied longer and research shows that those who eat eggs in the morning have healthier body weights and better blood sugar control! Enjoy in confidence and have a good day!
2 Portobello mushroom caps
2 tablespoons soft goat cheese
2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes
2 large eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
Basil for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Remove the stems from the mushroom caps and scrape out the gills with a spoon.
3. Spray both sides of the mushroom with cooking spray or a bit of olive oil on a paper towel and set the mushrooms onto a baking sheet.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon of goat cheese into each mushroom, where the gills used to be.
5. Finely chop the sundried tomatoes and sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of them into each mushroom cap.
6. Crack an egg into each mushroom cap, attempting to get the yolk to sit in the cavity where you removed the stem so it doesn’t move around.
7. Carefully move the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
8. Once the whites are cooked through and the eggs are done to your liking, remove them from the oven and season with salt and pepper.
9. Top with sliced basil and serve over pasta, a big salad, or sautéed greens.
Serving size: ½ recipe
Try to pick out Portobello’s around 3 ounces each, with a wide lip to hold in the fillings. If your egg yolk breaks or runs slightly off the mushroom while cooking, just reduce cooking time by a few minutes to avoid overcooking the yolk.