Did you know that the average American consumes 3 pounds of sugar each week? That’s 6 cups!
What are the main culprits in today’s fast paced lifestyle?
• Cakes, cookies and pies
• Fruit drinks
• Milk desserts like ice cream and shakes
How to make a change:
• Drink water, water with added fruit slices, unsweetened teas and unsweetened beverages instead of sodas and other sweet beverages. Water increases your energy and does not add to your waistline!
• Place a fruit bowl in your home and at work. The added fiber can help minimize sugar cravings.
• Snack on foods that contain protein, like hard cooked eggs or string cheese instead of sugar. When you stabilize your blood sugar you crave less sweets and your mood improves!
• If it’s late and you are craving something sweet, reach for a fresh or frozen fruit in place of unhealthy desserts.
Go to Khalili Center for Bariatric Care for more great information