We love this bariatric friendly recipe because it is delicious, high in good quality protein and so easy to make. The extra veggies and cancer fighting lycopene from tomato make it a special powerhouse of nutrition. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 2 tbsp diced red pepper
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs (use plain for dairy free)
- 1/4 cup Harissa (such as Mina)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1.3 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tbsp Harissa Sauce for topping
- 1 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, onion, garlic, red pepper, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup Harissa, egg, paprika and salt. Add the turkey and combine until mixed through.
- Form the meat into 5 round patties.
- Combine the remaining 1 1/2 tbsp Harissa with the ketchup in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Spray with oil and cook covered until cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes per side, reducing the heat if they start to get too browned.
- Brush the Harissa-ketchup mixture on top during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Servings: 5, Size: 1 loaf
- Calories: 254 Fat: 11 g
- Protein: 25 grams
- Carbohydrate: 11 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
If you prefer to make this in the oven as a large loaf, you can! Bake it at 350°F for 1 hour.